EXTENDING THE LIFE OF YOUR HEATING SYSTEM!
AND SAVING MONEY!
The Reduced amount of Sun light and the Drastic decrease in temperature has our Energy Bill going up! Here's some Tips to save money for the Holiday season!
1. 20 C is the Magic number!! A study showed*(PG&E) you use 3-5% more energy for each Degree above 20! don't be cranking the heat when you step inthe house. put on a sweater and get your favorite blanket out. It will be more efficient then turning it up 1-2 degrees
2. Knowing how to program your thermostat will Save up to 10% a Year on Heating and cooling *Energy.gov. Don't worry fluffy has fur to keep her warm, lowering the temp by 10 degrees when your not home can save money long term.
3. Do you love to cuddle around a space heater? well in reality they are the largest energy expense in a home! Accounting for up to 63% of energy bills *! Investing in some good slippers and sweater may be the cheaper option long term!
4. Close the curtains... Not only will you save yourself form some peeking toms but it saves energy buy not letting your hard earned warm air out!
5. Do you like Caulk?? Caulking Gaps and cracks when you feel the chilly air come in is a no brainer! (get your mind outta the gutters ;))
6. Warm fires, snuggles with your loved one, hot chocolate. Mmmm sounds like warmth heaven! Well When you've had your fill of each other Close the Hatch! Your fireplace is a direct link to outside... but remember to open it again when you're feeling frisky ;)
7. Do you need a replacement? Yes change can be hard and costly but trading in your 50 year old for two 25's Will save you money! Windows we are talking Window here, 25-50% of your homes heating and cooling system relies on the quality of your windows!
8. Have you checked out your HVAC? How many fur-balls have accumulated in the system? keeping the HVAC system in good shape will prevent sudden repairs. And we all know this happens when we need our furnace the most!
Our home is our biggest asset that keeps us warm and build memories! we have to show it a little TLC and it will keep us safe and warm in return!
Will Hickey and Associates